Umbrella Asset Trust
A UK resident individual owns (solely or jointly) a Portfolio of investments that can benefit from an Umbrella Assets Trust (UAT). These are usually properties, but may be anything of a capital nature. The properties may be mortgaged. The incidence of capital gains tax and income tax is a significant problem in commercial management and growth of the Portfolio. The Portfolio also carries the burden of inheritance tax on the death of its owner(s).
Using legal strategies successfully implemented for over a decade, the Portfolio can be moved, under statutory protection, into a tax free, Umbrella Asset Trust.
Umbrella Asset Trust Features:
- Exit strategy for company owners
- Sale proceeds of investments can be re-invested via the trust
- Exempt from tax on any future profits and gains
- Uses statutory reliefs
- Proven track record
- Involves no ‘Tax Avoidance’
- Fully disclosed to HMRC and does not require a DOTAS reference
- Advice given by our experienced tax specialists for all HMRC enquiries relating to the UAT
Umbrella Asset Trust Benefits:
- The investments can be sold free of Capital Gains Tax
- Reinvestment can be made tax-free
- The asset sale proceeds fall outside Inheritance Tax
- Protection of assets from litigation, creditors and divorce
- Interest and investment growth would be tax-free
- Rents earned would be tax-free
- Sale profits would be tax-free
- Tax-free growth of assets
- Tax-free access to trust wealth
- Tax-free loans available
- IHT deduction for loans on death
- Freedom of investment
- Trust wealth available, tax-free, to beneficiaries upon death
- Incentives can be accessed tax-free
- Funds can stay in the UK, and grow tax-free
- Complete control of your assets in the UK
- Current Mortgage Lenders do not need to be informed
- No Stamp Duty Liability when moving assets to the Trust
Q. What Assets Can Go In An Umbrella Asset Trust? A. Any Asset, Anywhere:
- Your home
- Second and other homes
- Art, Antiques, Jewellery
- Any Interest in Jointly-Owned Propery (e.g. Matrimonial Home)
- Private Company Shares
- Quoted Shares
- Foreign Company Shares
- Insurance Policies
- Loan Notes
- Other Securities
- Buy to Let Properties
- Other Commercial Properties
- Trust Assets
- Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) Assets
- FURBS Assets
- QROPS Assets
If you would like any further information about the Asset Trust, or any other of our trust planning, please fill out the form on the right.
Alternatively, simply call us on : 0845 388 9002. We look forward to assisting you.
Umbrella Remuneration Trust
THE SCENARIO Under UK law, the LaingRose Umbrella Remuneration Trust (URT) allows businesses to provide incentives for its suppliers, customers or creditors - and claim relief against corporation tax / income tax as an allowable business expense.
Umbrella Asset Trust
THE SCENARIO A UK resident individual owns (solely or jointly) a Portfolio of investments. These are usually properties, but may be anything of a capital nature. The properties may be mortgaged.
What Are Trusts?
Trusts. What Are Trusts? History The use of trusts date back more than a thousand years. Today’s trusts offer benefits of asset protection and reduced taxation by moving the legal...